June 16th Work Day & Barn Dance
No Comments since June 5th, 2012
On the third Saturday of each month, Pie Ranch hosts a Community Work Day, potluck dinner, and rollicking barn dance in the roadside barn. All are welcome; come lend a hand in the fields while you work alongside other volunteers and farmers. Celebrate the spirit of community at this monthly ritual of working together on the ranch, sharing locally grown food, and then spinning, laughing and dosey-doing together into the night.
The work day will begin at 2pm.
We offer an optional farm tour at 4pm that begins at the upper slice toolshed ($5/person).
Then join in the potluck at 6pm and dancing at 7pm until about 10pm.
The dance is $7-20 (sliding scale) to compensate Pie Ranch, the County Line Pickers (featuring Jim Davies, bass; Joni Davies, guitar; Josh Lane, mandolin; Ken Clarkson, banjo; Jon Young & Nancy Vail, fiddles) and caller, Andy Wilson.
To keep our barn dances open & accessible to the public, we cannot accommodate large, private groups of over 10 people. Children under 12 free accompanied by their parents; if you bring a large group of youngsters (over 7, 10 the maximum) we request prior notification and a sliding fee of $5-10 per child. Workday participants pay a discounted rate of $5-15, so come on down and hoe before you hoe down!
- Come check in at the Roadside Barn upon arrival to find out where the work day activities will be taking place.
- Please leave dogs at home. (We love dogs too, honest, but it is really not a good event to have dogs present)
- Be careful turning into Pie Ranch from Highway 1.
- Park at the Roadside Barn or in the field directly behind the roadside barn. PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE UP TO THE UPPER SLICE. If you’re confused, please ask at the roadside barn.
- Bring water bottles, clothing layers, sunscreen, closed toe shoes, and sunhats.
- Bring work gloves, tools, and enthusiasm! (We have gloves and tools for you to use too).
- Please bring your own dishes and utensils for the potluck. Every bit of clean up help is greatly appreciated!
- To keep an inclusive, family atmosphere, the potluck and barn dance are alcohol-free events.
“We don’t want a bigger piece of the pie, we want a different pie.” -Winona LaDuke
Pie Ranch Work Days and Barn Dances are held every third Saturday of the month, all year long. Upcoming work day & barn dances: July 21st & August 18th.